Rimworld modpacks contain a large number of mods in a single package. So, in order for these mods to work properly, you must load them in the correct order. So today we’ll go through how to install and load these mods in the correct order.
Modpacks are fairly simple to install.
- Simply go to the Steam website and search for Rimworld.
- On the Rimworld page, go down to the Steam Workshop section on the right.
- Find the modpack you wish to install, and immediately below the description, you’ll see a list of all the mods that are included. Simply click the “subscribe to all” button, and the mods will be installed immediately.
How can I place them in the proper loading order?
The first option. Manual
Whether you’re using the fluffy mod manager or the vanilla mod UI, you can simply activate the mod by clicking on them and dragging them into the correct sequence one by one.
The mods list of the steam modpack is organized in a correct order, so you can see it while activating the mods.
The second option. Importing mod list automatically (Easy)
You can either use the mod manager, a mod for the Fluffy mod manager, or an external tool named RimPy Mod manager Database to import the mod list.
The mod manager
- Download and activate the mod manager from the Steam Workshop.
- After activating, simply look for the link to load order in the Modpack’s description.
- You’ll be taken to a text document after clicking the link.
- Simply copy the contents of the text document and go back to the mod manager
- In the bottom-right corner of the mod list, you’ll find a paper icon; simply click it and choose “Import mod list from string“
- After that, you can select your mod list from the paper icon and click on the import mod list to import it.
Your mods will be activated in the proper sequence.
RimPy Mod Manager Database
- To use RimPy, you must first locate it in the Steam Workshop and install it.
- You’ll also need to download the software itself from the description’s link.
- After installing look for the Rimpy .XML file in the description and download it on your computer.
- Open Rimpy after downloading and select the file you just downloaded from the import list in the right choice list.
- It will now activate all of the mods in the correct order; all you have to do now is enable the Rimpy mod manager database mod, which isn’t on the list. Simply look for it in the inactive list and move it over to the active ones. Make sure to click on the “Save” button after this. And you are done.
All of the mods will be enabled in the proper order.