Roku has become increasingly popular in recent times as a digital streaming platform that offers a wide range of over 3500 channels. It comes in various forms that you can use according to your convenience. We have the Roku Express Tv box, the Roku Streaming Stick, and also the Roku TV with inbuilt streaming features that lets you watch what you want!
But, did you know your Roku Tv isn’t just for streaming movies and TV shows. You can also play your favorite games! How amazing is that?! And not just any game, you can play everyone’s all-time favorite game GTA (Grand Theft Auto). If you are a gaming maniac, you certainly don’t want to miss out on this!
There are a lot of games available on Roku TV that are both free and paid games. Few multiplayer games are also available! Most of the games that are already available on Roku are not high-quality PS4 like video games. They are simple arcade games that can be easily played using the controls on your Roku remote device. You can install these games from the channels and start playing them on your Roku TV.
Roku also has a Let’s Play GTA channel designed especially for GTA lovers. You can watch GTA gaming-related videos and have fun. It includes a collection of GTA gameplay videos from various YouTube channels. Parental guidance is required for this channel as some videos may include commentary with graphic language. But, we all know the actual fun lies in playing the game instead of just watching gameplay videos! One of the best ways to play any video game on your smart TV is by mirroring the game on your TV. Let’s see how we can do that!
Mirror your GTA iOS game on TV
The Apple App Store has a ton of different games that you can enjoy including the famous GTA series games. As convenient and easy as it is to play games right on your phone when you are tired of lying down in bed, you don’t always end up getting the full gaming experience on a smartphone. You can take your mobile phone games to the next level by screening them on your Smart TV! It’s super easy to mirror your GTA game from your iPhone straight to your Roku TV! Just keep reading!
But, before we dive into figuring out how to play GTA on your TV, let me brief you on how you can access the games Roku offers.
- Press Home on the Roku remote device and navigate to the Home Screen on your TV.
- Go to Streaming channels.
- Click on the Games category.
- Browse the list of games that are displayed and click on Add Channel for the game that you want to play.
- The game will be installed and it will appear on your Home Screen along with the other apps.
You can uninstall these games anytime you feel like by simply removing them like you would other channels. If you are playing a free game, you might experience ads playing in between your game which can be a bit annoying!
Roku is a streaming device that is more than capable of streaming-only movies and TV shows.
How do you stream GTA from your iPhone to your TV using Roku?
First, you will need a third-party app that can connect to your TV. You can download these third-party apps from the App Store as there are so many available. But, the app most users recommend is Mirror for Roku.
- Download the Mirror for Roku app from the Apple App Store.
- Sign in to the app and pair the app with your Roku TV or device.
- Launch the game on iPhone and start streaming the game on TV
Here’s what you need to do to activate mirroring on your Roku TV if you haven’t done it already.
- Connect the Roku device to your TV and make sure it’s connected to a stable internet connection.
- Press the Home button on your remote. Home Screen opens on the TV.
- On the sidebar, click on the Settings option.
- Under Settings, click on the System option.
- You will be able to see an option for screen mirroring.
- Activate it and click on confirm.
Voila! You are now playing your favorite GTA series games on your Roku TV! You can follow these similar steps by downloading the Mirror for Roku app for PC and stream the games on your PC to your TV and enjoy!
Even though Roku is not a dedicated game streaming service, it still offers a lot of games for us users to play like puzzle games, traditional board games, and arcade games. You can also play your favorite games on your TV by screening them using a third-party app. That’s how cool and unique Roku’s digital streaming service is!