In this post we discuss how you can manage (or cancel) oculus quest subscription.
Virtual reality is the next big step in gaming technology that allows the users to have an immersive experience by interacting with complex environments using physical movements.
The Oculus Quest 2 is undoubtedly the best VR headset you’ll ever come across for such an affordable price. VR gaming is a fantastic experience and you can get that experience and more with the all new Oculus Quest 2! This VR headset has indeed made virtual reality gaming more accessible. All you need to do is strap on the headset and dive into your favourite virtual reality world! Oculus Quest 2 even has some amazing games for you to check out if you are a first time user! It’s a standalone, wireless headset and requires no PC or any external sensors for use. It offers full VR experience and also lets the user access media streaming platforms like Netflix and other applications. With the Oculus Quest 2, the developers now have an option to run their games at a refresh rate of 90 Hz. You also get two new touch controllers which are an upgrade to the previous Oculus headset.
How to manage (or cancel) Oculus Quest 2 subscriptions
But if you feel like you want to take a break from all this gaming and focus on something else, here’s a complete guide for you on how to manage your Oculus Quest subscriptions.
Before we talk about cancelling the subscriptions, let’s keep these in mind!
- The subscription plans are auto renewal. Once you subscribe to a plan and if you don’t cancel it manually, it will be auto renewed as you’ve already given the permission.
- If you subscribe for a trial period and then cancel, you will risk losing the trial content entirely.
- Remember to manually cancel the subscription before the trial period ends.
Cancel Oculus Quest subscription in your iPhone or iPad
- In your iPhone or iPad, open the settings app.
- Tap on your name and click on Subscriptions.
- If you don’t see the Subscription tab immediately, tap on your Apple ID and sign in.
- After clicking in Subscriptions, tap on the Oculus subscription.
- Click on Cancel.
- If you don’t see the Cancel button, it means the plan has been canceled already.
Cancel Oculus Quest subscription on your Android phone
- Open Google Play Store on your phone.
- If you have multiple accounts signed in, make sure you’re logged into the right account.
- Open the Menu, go to Subscriptions.
- Click on the Oculus Quest subscription and click on cancel.
- Follow the steps to successfully cancel the subscription.
Once you have cancelled your Oculus subscription on PlayStore, your future subscriptions will not be removed anymore.
Cancel subscription form your Mac computer
- On your Mac computer, open the Mac App Store.
- Click on your name at the bottom area of the sidebar.
- At the top of the window, click on the View Information tab.
- If asked to Sign in again, do the needful.
- On the next page, scroll down until you see the Subscriptions option.
- Click on Manage.
- Next to your Oculus subscription, click on Edit and then Cancel.
Your Oculus Quest subscription is now successfully cancelled.
What do you do if you have an Oculus subscription that’s not on either the PlayStore or the App Store. If you have a subscription directly on the Oculus website, follow the below series to manage your subscriptions.
- Head over to the official website of Oculus.
- Login to your account.
- Under the menu section, look for the following options like Billing or Subscription or Payment or Manage Account.
- Click on the option and then follow the promos to successfully cancel your Oculus subscription.
There you go! You will no longer be holding any subscriptions with Oculus.
You can manage your Oculus VR device and explore over 1000 VR gaming apps on the Oculus store and even participate in live VR events by reserving virtual seats! It also lets you remotely install any VR app to your Oculus Rift or Rift S.
Oculus made a new announcement last year that certainty turned heads all over the world. Game developers who have their own games on the Oculus store were given the freedom to handle their game subscriptions independently. This provides the developers with a more consistent way for them to offer new content, features and other tools.
The Oculus Quest platform is making millions of dollars with their huge collection of apps and games in the Oculus store. It can be a bit tiring if most of the apps on the store require individual subscriptions. Well, if you ever feel like your time with Oculus is fine or if you feel like you need a break, this guide will help you do just that!