If you own a PS, then you have probably already heard about PlayStation Now and its various online gaming features. PS Now is legit the only place where you can find iconic PS games and play them on your PS or laptop or even PC! With a game library of over 800 titles, PS Now users can easily stream PS 2, PS, and PS 4 games on your PlayStation, laptop or computer. In addition to just streaming games online, there are select PS2 and PS4 games that you can actually download with your subscription! But if you want to stream your games instead, PlayStation recommends an internet connection with 5 Mbps speed for a glitch-free experience.
Let’s take a look at the subscription plans Sony’s PlayStation offers its users.
The basic one-month subscription costs $9.99 / £8.99 per month. If you feel like that’s a bit too much, you can save up by getting the three months plan which costs $24.99 / £22.99. Or, if you are willing to go big, you can take up the yearly plan for $59.99 / £49.99 which is indeed a great deal!
Still, if you are unsure about spending money on something you haven’t tried yet, do not worry! PlayStation Now offers a 7-day free trial which you can make use of to decide whether you want to go ahead with your PS Now subscription. In recent times, PlayStation has announced a new change coming into play! PlayStation is combining its PS Now and PS Plus services to form a three-tier subscription service. This is set to go live in June, 2022 which will include a number of new features as well. The three-tier subscription will include PS Plus Essentials, PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium.
The PS Plus Essential plan is the same as the existing PS Plus plan with downloadable games, multiplayer access, game discounts, and cloud storage for your saved games. If you are an existing PS Plus member, there will be no changes for you in this plan.
PS Plus Extra includes the same benefits as Essential but this plan comes with an added collection of 400 PS 4 and PS 5 games that can be downloaded. Some of these awesome games include blockbuster hits from PS like Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, God of War, Returnal, Mortal Kombat 11! Games in this plan are downloadable!
PS Plus Premium, along with the benefits of the other two plans, comes with a collection of classic games from PS 1, PS 2, and PSP which are available for download, and a set of PS 3 games that can be streamed online. An added bonus in this plan is that the user gets access to game trials for a limited time so they can try it before they decide to buy.
If you are a PS Now subscriber, you will be migrated to PS Plus Premium service with no added cost to your current subscription plan. Sony aims at converting its PS Plus member to higher tier plans and also wants to lower the overall price for those users who have subscribed to both PS Now and PS Plus!
But before this merge goes live, if you are looking to get yourself a new PS Now subscription or if you want to disable your auto-renew subscription, you are here in the right place!
Disable the Auto Renew PS Now subscription on PS4
- On your PlayStation, select Settings ( It’s shown as a briefcase icon)
- Once you’re in the Settings menu, select Account Management
- You will be displayed a list of Account Management options. If the options are grayed out and unclickable, you may need to sign in with your PlayStation network credentials.
- Select Account information
- Click the option PlayStation subscriptions
- From the displayed list, click on PlayStation Now Subscription.
- Click on Turn off Auto Renew.
Your auto-renewal subscription plan will be disabled.
Disable the Auto Renew PS Now subscription on PS3
- Sign in with your PlayStation Network credentials.
- Click on PlayStation Network and select Account Management.
- You will be displayed with a list of Account Management options.
- Select Account Management and click on Services List.
- All your active subscriptions will be displayed.
- Select PlayStation Now subscription from the list.
- Select Cancel Automatic Renewal.
Disable the Auto Renew PS Now subscription on Browser
- Open any web browser and launch the Sony Account Management page.
- Enter your PS Network credentials to sign in.
- On the left side menu in the PlayStation Network section, select Subscription.
- If any popup appears asking for confirmation, click on Continue.
- You will be redirected to the PlayStation Store Subscription Management page.
- Click on PlayStation Now Subscription and click on Turn off Auto Renew.
- Click on Confirm.
Keep in mind that if you turn off your subscription before the renewal date, your subscription will still be valid and active up until that date.
If you don’t want to cancel the Auto Renew option and if the option is turned on, you will be charged the subscription fee on the renewal date by payment method that is registered to your account.
The all-new PlayStation Now ( along with PlayStation Plus) is soon to be launched in June with a huge library of your all-time favourite PS games and with more value than ever before! Sony’s PlayStation has been working on this new venture to provide its users with more flexible, cost-effective options that allow them to play quality games. Its main aim is to provide a diverse portfolio of games with high quality content. They are also expanding their cloud streaming access to a total of 30 markets in the following locations : Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Republic of Cyprus, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. These locations will offer the Premium tier plan from PS Plus. With all these exciting features, it’s up to you to decide whether you want your PS Now subscription right now!