In this post, we discuss Fix & troubleshoot: Xbox One games not starting.
Are you one of those gamers who gets easily frustrated when your Xbox One game doesn’t launch properly? Don’t worry, you’ll have everything you came looking for in this article to fix that issue so you can go back to playing your favorite Xbox game in no time!!
Fix & troubleshoot: Xbox One games not starting
Here are some of the top troubleshooting steps to deal with this issue.
Restart your Xbox console
Loading issues can be easily solved by restarting your Xbox console. Your console’s firmware is responsible for booting your games and usually a simple restart should fix all technical glitches.
- Press and hold the Xbox button till the led light turns off
- Wait for a minute
- Now, turn your Xbox console back on by pressing the power button
- The green Xbox animation logo will appear on your screen
- If the logo doesn’t appear, then it means your reboot was unsuccessful
- After restarting, try accessing the game you were not able to launch previously
- It should work fine now
If this method still doesn’t work, let’s move on to the next
Clean the Game’s cache data
You save your gameplay every now and then and while that is indeed a gift habit, saved games can sometimes cause technical glitches which mess with your game app launch. You can simply delete the saved games in the application. Make sure you have all games data backed up to the cloud.
To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open settings
- Select the System option
- Under the System option, go to Storage
- Select Games option
- A list of the games will be displayed
- Select the games whose data you want back up
- Click on the Move option
- Click on Cloud saved games
Now that you have successfully backed up your game data to the cloud, follow the below steps to clear the game’s cache data.
- From the dashboard, launch the Xbox game app
- Open Settings
- Go to System
- Click on the Storage tab
- Click on Clear local saved games
- Once the process is completed, your console will restart
- After the console starts again, launch your game again
- Your game will sheet to sync up the backed up data from the cloud
- Wait till it is complete
Clearing your game’s cache should definitely help solve the launch issues.
Do a factory reset
You can perform a soft reset on your Xbox console. Don’t worry, this will greatly help to remove harmful files from your Xbox. In fact, many users have claimed that this method worked for them. A soft reset will only remove unwanted and corrupted so, you can be rest assured that all your big game data files will be untouched. Follow the below simple instructions to do a soft reset on your Xbox.
- Click the Xbox button on your console
- This will launch the guide menu
- Go to Settings
- Select the System option
- Under the System menu, click on the Console info option
- Now, click on the Reset console option
- A list of options will be displayed. Click on Reset and keep my games and apps option
Your console will reboot once the soft reset process is completed. Now, launch the game you had issues with and check if it’s working. It should launch without any errors.
Reboot the app
One of the easiest ways to fix a game launching issue is to reboot or restart the game application. Restarting the game application will quickly solve any technical glitches you might be facing.
Follow below steps to easily restart the application
- First, check whether your application is in the Home Screen or in the recent tiles section
- Once you have found the game app, use your controller the highlight the app
- Don’t select the application, just highlight it
- Open the Menu
- Select the Quit option
- If you cannot find the Quit option in the menu, it means the app is not active. If that’s the case, open the recent tile section
- Go to My games and apps and launch the game again
These steps will try to relaunch your game and it should work fine.
Check your connection
You need a high speed, reliable internet connection for your Xbox games to run smoothly while you’re playing online. If your internet connection is weak or if the internet speed is fluctuating, your games may face unnecessary loading issues.
You can check is there are any Network issues by following the steps below,
- Open the guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller
- Open Profile & System
- Go to Settings
- Under settings , click on General
- Go to Network Settings
- Check the Current Network Status to check the status of your internet
- Click on Test Network connection option to check your internet connection
- The process will be completed and Xbox will once again be connected to your internet service.
Now, launch the game again and check if it’s working without any issues.
The troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article will surely come in handy if you are ever facing game launch issues on your Xbox!