In this post, we discuss how to fix Stray fatal error, lag, black screen, and crash on the startup.
Stray has grown to become one of the most popular video games of today. Stray is a third-person cat adventure game that was developed by BlueTwelve Studio. The game is set in a cyberpunk city that is heavily inhabited by robots, machines, and other viruses. The game requires the player to control a stray cat and help him navigate the streets by avoiding unexpected threats and solving puzzles. The aim is to help the cat find his way back to his family. This game is really entertaining. But, a few users who have downloaded the game have reported that they are not able to run the game properly. If you are facing any similar issues and are unable to run Stray, this article will definitely help you.
Keep reading to find out what troubleshooting steps can help fix your game’s lag issues, app crash issues, and black screen issues.
Fix & Troubleshoot: Stray Fatal Error, Lag, Black Screen And Crash On Startup
Run as Admin
The first method you need to try to resolve astray game’s lag or crash issues is to run the game as an administrator.
Follow the steps below to run the game as admin.
- First, open the Stray installation folder
- Right-click on the Stray.exe file and click on Properties
- On the next screen, click on the Compatibility tab
- Here, you can see the Run this program as an Administrator option
- Check the box beside this option and click on ok
- Once completed, relaunch the game with admin privileges
You should not be facing any issues with the game any longer.
If you continue to face lag issues or crash issues with Stray, try updating the graphic drivers. Updating the graphic drivers helped the players to run the game without any crash issues. You can also try doing the same and check if the issues are resolved.
Follow the steps below.
- Press the Windows button and the X key on the keyboard
- Select the Device Manager option
- Expand the Display Selectors section
- Select and right-click on the option Graphics Driver
- Choose the Update Driver option
- Once completed, restart the system
- Now, launch the game again to check if it’s working fine
Updating the graphic drivers should certainly eliminate crash issues.
Verify game files
Sometimes, if the game files are corrupted, they may be the reason for the game’s crash issues. You can check the integrity of the game files and determine the issue.
To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open Steam
- Go to the Library section
- Select the Stray icon and right-click on it
- Select the Properties option from the submenu
- Click on Local files
- Click on the Verify integrity of the game files option
- Wait till the process is completed
- Once completed, relaunch the game and check if the issues are resolved.
Another easy way to fix the Stray crashing issues is to check and update Windows. To check for the latest Windows release updates, do the following.
- Open Settings in your system
- Click on the Windows update option
- Click on Check for Updates tab
- Download and install all the updates
Now, launch the hand and check if it’s working properly.
Lower Graphics Settings
Your game’s high visual effects and graphics settings may be incompatible with your system. This will definitely lead to lag issues or crash issues while you are playing Stray. In this case, you can go to the game’s settings and lower the graphics settings.
Reinstall the game
If none of the above troubleshooting methods work, you can try uninstalling and installing the game again. This is yet another easy method that can fix any kind of crash or lag issues you may face.