In this post, we discuss how to fix & troubleshoot Sling TV not working on Apple TV
Sling TV is an American television streaming service. It is the first ever app based TV service that lets you stream live television and other content based on your demands. This TV streaming service is a great option if you want to spend less on your favourite TV channels. This is why Sling TV is so popular among budget planners. It offers a great range of local TV channels and sports programmes.
Despite the convenience and scalability of this streaming service, users sometimes face issues with setting up the service or using it on Apple TV. This article will focus on minor issues you may face while trying to stream Sling TV on your Apple TV and suggest troubleshooting steps as well.
What are some common issues you may face with Sling TV on Apple TV?
- Sling TV may not work properly due to network or server error
- Installation of your Sling TV may be corrupted on your Apple TV
- Sling TV might not load properly and freeze on the splash screen
- Sling TV may load but the TV channels may not be displayed.
- You are getting a black screen on launching Sling TV
If you are facing one of the above listed issues, keep on reading the article to fix your issues easily.
Fix & troubleshoot: Sling TV not working on Apple TV
Check the Sling TV server status
You may not be able to properly stream Sling TV because of some issues on Sling TV’s server side. To check the status of the Sling TV server, visit the link below.
If the server is down, you will not be able to connect to Sling TV successfully. You may have to wait it out until the issue is resolved. When the server is finally up, launch Sling TV and check if it’s working properly.
Restart your Apple TV
Nothing like a good restart troubleshooting step that works like a charm. Try restarting your Apple TV.
Follow the steps below,
- On your Siri remote, press and hold the back button (second generation remote) or the Menu button ( first generation remote) and the TV button until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly
- Disconnect Apple TV from the power cord
- Wait for five seconds
- Reconnect the TV again
- Open the Settings menu
- Go to System and select Restart option
Now, launch Sling TV and see if it’s working.
Relaunch the Sling TV app
The issue you are facing could be a temporary glitch. Another simple troubleshooting step is you can try restarting the Sling TV app. The steps below will guide you through the process.
- Exit the Sling TV app
- Open the Settings app
- Find the Sling TV app and force closes the application
- Now, launch the Sling TV app again and check if it’s working.
Sign out of Sling TV and sign in back again
The Sling TV application may not work properly if there is a server client communication issue. The best thing you can do in this scenario is to sign out of Sling TV application and signing back in again.
- Launch the Sling TV application
- Open Settings
- Go to Account tab
- Click on Account tab
- Force close the application
- Relaunch the application and sign in again
Now, check if Roblox app is working.
Try a different network
Your internet service provider may make use of different methods and protocols to manage web traffic and protect its users. Sometimes, access to a resource may be restricted for Sling Tv and this may cause the issue at hand. To solve this issue, you can try connecting to a different network.
- Exit the Sling TV application
- Disconnect your Apple TV from the current network
- Connect to a Wifi network or your phone’s hotspot
- Now, launch the Sling TV application and check if it’s working fine
Clear app cache
Sling TV application series cache data to improve the user’s experience and to boost performance. But, if cache data is corrupted you may face problems. Try clearing cache data in your Sling app and check again.
Sling TV is one of the best online TV streaming services that allows users to watch live sports and other local TV channels. This article will help you with resolving minor glitches you may face while streaming your favourite content on Sling TV.