In this post, we discuss fix and troubleshoot ps5 internet connection issues.
It’s only common that you are facing issues with your internet connection when you are playing your favorite games on the PlayStation 5.
‘Cannot Connect to the Wi-Fi Network’ is a very common error that PS5 users face frequently. This error could possibly mean that the issue is likely to be on your side with your internet connection rather than the PlayStation servers. There are several reasons why this may be happening with your wireless connection. Let’s take a look at a few.
- Your console is too far away from the Wifi router. This is the major reason why you could be facing interruptions in your internet connection.
- There could be a problem with your WiFi router.
- There could be other devices that interfere with the wireless signals from the modem.
Sometimes you may also get an error as below,
‘cannot connect to the server’
In this case, the PS5 service that you are trying to access may be down.
Whatever the error you are facing, the fixes mentioned in this article should at least give you a brief idea on how to deal with internet connection issues and also fix your PS 5 internet issues.
Fix & Troubleshoot: PS5 internet connection issues
Check your WiFi password
If you get an error while you set up the wireless internet connection, chances are that you are entering an incorrect password. Make sure you are entering the correct password for your WiFi connection. In most cases, the default password will likely be found at va the bottom of your modem or router.
Restart your PS5 console
If you are still facing issues and your internet connection seems to be working fine, then let’s try restarting your PS5 console.
- Turn off your PS until it is switched off.
- Press and hold the Power button on the front of the console.
- Hold the button for a few seconds until you hear a beep sound.
- Your console will shut down. Make sure you have saved all unsaved data.
- Press the Power button again and your PS 5 will restart automatically.
After restarting the PlayStation 5 console, check to see if the internet connection is working fine.
Restart your router
If you are still not able to connect your console with your WiFi connection, you can try restarting your WiFi router or modem. Use the power button on the router to turn off your router. Wait for a couple of seconds before you turn it off again. After restarting your WiFi router, your internet connection issues should be fixed.
Place your PS5 close to the router
If you have placed your PS5 console far away from the router, there are chances that external factors like noise and other devices are disrupting the Wifi signals. Because of the long-distance, the Wifi signal may not reach your console. Place your console as close to the Wifi router as possible or in the same room to strengthen the signal reach. Make sure there are no obstructions between your console and the router to eliminate internet connection issues.
Use the PlayStation fix and connect web tool
Visit the link below to contact the PlayStation support team.
Click on My PS4 or PS5 Can’t connect to the internet option and answer the questions to find a solution to your internet connection issues.
Do a factory reset
If all else fails, you can always do a factory reset on your PS 5 console and check if your issues are resolved. Keep in mind to use this as a last resort option. A hard reset will wipe your console’s memory so make sure you take a backup of your saved data and any other content you want to save.
- Turn off your PlayStation 5 console completely by pressing the power button.
- When the console is completely off, press the Power button again and hold it.
- Release the power button when you hear a second beep sound.
- You will hear two beep sounds at an approximate time interval of 7 seconds.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and then press the PS button on the controller.
- Your PS 5 will now start in Safe Mode.
After performing the factory reset, check to make sure you are able to connect to the internet successfully. You should make sure you try this method at the last when all other fixes don’t work.
The PlayStation 5 takes video gaming to a whole new level with its brilliant and new futuristic design and an all-improved DualSense controller. One of the common issues Gaming platforms face is internt connection. A strong internet connection is more than needed to enjoy playing your PlayStation games without any interruptions. This article covers the basics of what you can do when you are facing issues with your Internet connection. Feel free to reach out to the PlayStation Support team for any further queries and issues.