Have you ever wanted to see the Great Wall of China in person or maybe go to Disneyland to know what all the fun is about? Well, you can do all that and more right at your home with the Oculus Quest to2 VR headset. It offers the best in-house VR experiences that literally take you to another world. All you need is a Facebook account and you can access all the apps in the Oculus library which consists of games, videos, similar apps and so much more!
This VR headset is super lightweight, powerful, and affordable, bringing only the next to you! If this is your first time experiencing virtual reality, then go ahead without any doubt! The Oculus Quest 2 will be the best VR headset you’ll ever get your hands on. It gives such vivid and detailed VR experiences, that you won’t know reality from your virtual world. To enjoy the full potential of what Oculus Quest 2 has to offer, you need to try their touch controllers. The Oculus Quest 2 controllers are capable of tracking your hand movements pretty accurately.
Buts, it’s the universal truth that no matter how flawless a tech gadget seems to be, we always end up facing some kind of issue. The Oculus Quest 2 controllers are very well susceptible to that. If you are having trouble connecting your controllers or if it’s not working, keep reading to find out what you can do to fix it right away!
Unpair and pair again
At this point, your controller is likely pasted to a mobile device assuming you have already started using the controller. If it suddenly stops working, you can unpair the controller from your device and pair it again.
Here’s how to do that,
- Open the Oculus app on your mobile device.
- Open Menu by clicking on the three-bar icon on the bottom.
- Go to Devices > Controllers.
- Select your controller.
- Click on Unpair.
Wait for a couple of minutes before you pair the controller again.
Follow the below steps to pair the controllers,
- Open the Oculus app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to Devices > Controllers
- Select the controller that you’d like to pair.
- Press and hold the power button and the B button or the Settings button and the Y button on your left controller until the LED on the controller blink.
You have more successfully paired your touch controllers to the Oculus Quest 2.
Restart your headset
This is probably the oldest trick in the book but this method has a greater chance of working. If you’re not aware already, here’s how you need to restart your headset.
- Press and hold the power button on your Oculus Quest 2 until it’s turned off.
- Wait for a couple minutes.
- Turn the VR headset back on again.
- Press a few buttons on the controllers to check if they are operational.
One of the simplest things that we overlook when something is not working is batteries. Wouldn’t you probably do the same thing if it were a TV remote?
Check the batteries in your touch controllers. Take them out and wait for a couple of minutes. Put them back in and that’s it!
To remove the batteries,
- Position the controller such that the eject symbol on the battery compartment is facing upwards.
- Slide the compartment upwards to open it.
- Now you can remove the batteries.
After reinserting the batteries, check to see if your touch controllers are working fine.
Do a factory reset
This method has worked well for so many users but keeps this as a last resort. Follow the below steps to do a factory reset on your Oculus Quest 2.
- First, turn off your headset.
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume (-) button on the Oculus Quest 2 simultaneously.
- Hold the buttons until you see the boot screen in your headset.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to navigate the screen.
- Select the Factory Reset option and press the Power button.
Contact Oculus Support
If none of the methods have restored your controllers back to the way they were, it’s time to call in the professionals. Contact the Oculus Support team and report your issue.
- Click on the following link: https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/contact-us/contact-us/index-contact-us/
- Click on the Get Support option under Guided troubleshooting.
- Login to your Facebook account and follow the onscreen instructions to successfully report your issue.
You don’t need any physical wires to set up the Oculus Quest 2! It is completely tethered-free and won’t imprison you in the same place as lost video games do. With the Oculus Quest 2, you can visit new worlds, climb mountains and do so much more all from the comfort of your own home! The touch controllers are the best part of the Oculus Quest 2 because they track your every movement which makes your virtual reality experience absolutely worthwhile.