In this post, we discuss how to fix & troubleshoot Chromecast remote not pairing issues in 2022.
Chromecast is a great way to stream to your favourite content and enjoy with friends and family. You can stream your favourite shows from your phone to large TV screens. Google Chromecast remote merely allows you to control your TV and make the streaming process super easy for you. Sometimes, your Chromecast remote may not work properly and you may not be able to pair it with your TV. The reason for the issue could be System issues, batteries or connection problems. If your Google Chromecast remote is not working, we have to find out what the root cause of the problem is and fix it accordingly. Let’s take a look at the possible reasons for pairing issues with your remote.
- It could be an issue with the batteries and that’s why your google remote is not working
- There could be a connection problem as this is pretty common in remote devices
- You google Google remote may not be working due to some system error
- You Google remote keeps disconnecting when you try to pair it to the TV
- After pairing the remote, the remote may not respond when you press any button
Now that we know the common issues and reasons, let’s take a look at the troubleshooting steps to fix the Google remote.
Fix & troubleshoot: Chromecast remote not pairing issue 
Restart your Google TV
The restarting step is critical for any technological device as it mostly solves all your minor technical glitches.
To restart the google TV
- Press and hold the Power button on the Chromecast remote until the TV turns off
- You will see the Power off message.
- Wait for a minute and start the TV again
- Or you can unplug the TV cord from power and wait for a couple minutes and plug it back in
This step should solve all the pairing problems with your TV remote.
Change Remote batteries
You may be facing issues with your Chromecast remote because the remote batteries may be used up. Carefully remove the batteries from the remote and replace it with new ones. Or the old batteries could be damaged. It’s better to replace them with new batteries and try again!
Do a factory reset
You can perform a Factory reset on your google TV. When you start your TV again after the reset, you will be asked to pair your Chromecast remote again. Factory reset will clean up your settings and it has a high chance of solving the remote’s connectivity issues.
One of the major features of Chromecast is that it can stream major streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube TV. Plus, it also supports Dolby. The Google assistant button on your Chromecast button also comes in super handy to use. The minor glitches and connectivity issues are no big deal and they can be easily fixed. This article has compiled all the troubleshooting steps together and hope it helps you!