In this post, we discuss how to fix Oculus Quest 2 sidequest not detecting/ working.
SideQuest is a popular community platform where VR users and developers alike can stay up to date and communicate with each other. This online VR platform gratefully helps in improving creativity and innovation among users, this leading to the development of new VR apps and games. This platform can also be used with VR headsets like Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2.
Sometimes, when users try to connect their Oculus Quest 2, they are facing an error where SideQuest is not able to detect the VR headset. If you are someone who is also facing the same issue, you are in the right place! This article will help you determine the source of the issue and guide you with the troubleshooting steps to fix this problem.
Fix: Oculus Quest 2 sidequest not detecting/ working
Reconnect the USB cable
The first thing to do when SideQuest is not detecting your Oculus Quest 2 is to simply reconnect your USB cable. This is a simple step yet it is overlooked most of the time. Unplug the USB cable and reconnect it again. Make sure your VR headset is completely turned on when you plug the cable back in. Now, check again and see if your headset is detected by SideQuest.
Enable Developer Mode
The official guidelines for setting up SideQuest suggests that you need to enable developers mode to sideload apps.
Here are some things you need to keep in mind while enabling developer mode.
- While creating an Oculus developer account, make sure you are using the same Facebook or Oculus account that you use on your headset
- You will be prompted to enter Organisation while creating a developer account. You can enter an organisation at random
- You need to add a valid payment method for the Developer settings option to appear in the app. You will not be charged as creating the account is actually free
- Look for the Developer mode option under Devices tab
- After you have enabled Developer mode, make sure you restart your headset
Allow USB debugging
When you plug in the USB cable, a USB connection dealing box will appear in your headset. Make sure you allow the USB debugging prompt in order for the headset to trust SideQuest and establish a successful connection. Most of the users do not or forget to allow USB debugging which results in issues with headset connectivity.
Enable USB connection dialog
If you haven’t already enabled USB connection dialog, here’s how you can do it.
- Put on your headset
- Navigate to Settings in your headset
- Open the developer tab
- Check if USB connection dialog option is toggle on
- If not, toggle it on
- Now, restart your headset and plug in the USB cable again
- You will now get the USB debugging prompt
This should make SideQuest detect your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
Try using different USB ports
Sometimes, when you plug the USB cable into one of the ports in your PC, it may not work properly. The USB port may be faulty and that may be why SideQuest is not able to detect your headset. In that case, test out the different USB ports in your PC. Also, you can restart your computer while trying out different USB ports and determine the working USB port.
SideQuest is an integral part of the VR community and hopefully this article has answered your questions regarding headset connectivity issues!