In this post, we discuss 5 ways to fix myQ app not working after the update issue.
MyQ is the next new revolutionary step in technology. The MyQ app is a smart access app that allows its users to easily open, close or check the status of your garage door or gate or commercial gate or any of your lighting appliances at home. You can lock and unlock your entry doors from anywhere. It’s a great way to connect your family and friends to your home and the garage no matter where you are. If you are using the MyQ app to control locking and unlocking of doors, you will get real time alerts and notifications and time you open or close the door. These notifications with unique sounds are really helpful during situations when you’ve forgotten to lock the site and left it open. You also have the option of experiencing live streaming events in 720 pixels and it also stores two-way audio communication.
The MyQ app releases new updates and enhancements every once in a while for better user experience and improved functionality. To use the smart access app to its fullest potential, it is recommended to have the updated software.
Here’s a quick peek into how you can do that.
- Run the installation setup guide for MyQ .
- The select setup language dialog box appears. You can select the desired language and click on next.
- Setup dialog box is displayed.
- The setup informs you that you have an older version of MyQ and it will start the update process.
- Click on Yes.
- Accept the license agreement and click on next.
- Then click install. The update should be installed after the process is completed.
Unfortunately, several users were facing issues with the MyQ app after updating the software. After upgrading to iOS 14, many users faced issues with their MyQ app. Some of the common issues were app crash, app not launching, login issues, connectivity issues and so on.
If you are facing similar issues with your MyQ app not working properly, this article will help you fix your issues.
Server connectivity issues
After the update, if your MyQ app is not connecting to the server, it could be because of one of the below reasons.
- There could be some issues with your internet connection.
- It’s possible that the MyQ server is down or unreachable or going through maintenance.
Check your internet connection to make sure the issue is not on your side. If the issue is indeed on the server side, you can wait for a while until the MyQ app servers are up and running again.
Most of the time, users face login issues frequently due to invalid username and password. But if that’s not the case with you, follow the below troubleshooting steps.
- First, make sure you are connected to a proper, high speed internet connection.
- If you are having trouble logging in to the MyQ app with your credentials, try logging in to the official website.
- If you are still not able to login with your credentials, the issue is with your MyQ account.
- Try clearing the app cache and login again.
The above steps should help resolve your MyQ app login issue.
Stick to the previous version
Sometimes the new updates may work fine or they may cause compatibility issues with your device and new issues may occur. In this case, you can either wait for the developers to release another update with the fix. If you don’t want to wait, you can always roll back to the previous version.
You can install the previous version of the app on trusted APK websites.
Reinstall the app
Another thing you wanna do is to try to reinstall the app.
- Uninstall and delete the app completely from your app.
- Restart your phone.
- Now, install the latest version of the MyQ app from Google PlayStore or App Store.
- You can also try clearing cache in your app.
- Go through the setup process again to finish setting up MyQ on your phone.
This method should be able to fix your MyQ app issues.
Contact support team
If you have tried everything and still haven’t arrived at a stable solution or fix for your problem, it’s time to let the professionals deal with it. You can reach out to the support team with your issue and they will get back to you and let you know what’s wrong. They should be able to provide you with a list of troubleshooting steps to fix your issue.
It’s strongly recommended that you follow the above five mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix your MyQ app issues after updating. The MyQ app is a great way to keep track of your security anytime, anywhere and this app is the most convenient way to do it. On the whole, it’s an intuitive, absolutely easy-to-use, smart garage door opener and it can even handle two doors at once.
What a brilliant, smart way to live a secure life!