In this post we discuss 3 ways to fix MyQ app not working on Apple Watch issue.
MyQ app is the best smart app available for you to keep track of your home security no matter where you are. It’s a simple, inexpensive technology that is easy to use. Simply put, it is a smart garage door opener. Although it lacks support for Amazon Alexa, it’s super easy to install and use with your smartphones. Even though there are other apps in the market that offer similar services, the MyQ app universe remains everyone’s top choice. Its intuitiveness and compatibility with a wide range of home devices easily makes the app everyone’s favourite. It’s also one of the most easily affordable smart garage door opener
The MyQ app is also supported on your Apple Watch. You can set up alerts and notifications on your watch whenever there is garage door activity. You can also set up a schedule to close your garage doors and gates or you can even turn your home lights on or off. You can even add Apple HomeKit and Siri voice control to compatible smart garage door openers.
Sometimes, you may face issues while trying to open or close the garage door from your Apple Watch. You may even have trouble controlling the lights in your home using your Apple Watch. This article will help you understand the issue and also provides troubleshooting steps so you can fix this problem easily on your own.
Let’s take a look at some of the common errors you could be facing while you use the MyQ app on your Apple Watch.
- You might face living issues on your Apple with the error “please login on your iPhone to continue.”
- You may also get an error saying “There are no devices or accounts found”
Fix MyQ app not working on Apple Watch issue
Here are three troubleshooting methods to help you fix the MyQ app issues on your Apple Watch.
Use the correct method
Opening or closing a garage door or turning the lights on and off might be a little different when you are doing it from your Apple Watch instead of the MyQ app from your smartphone.
You may overlook this simple detail easily.
For example, if you are using the MyQ app on your phone, you need to press the garage door open button only once. But, if you are opening the door from your Apple Watch, you need to press the garage door button once to engage and then, press it again to actually open the garage door.
Be aware of these tiny changes when you try to access your home appliance using MyQ on a different device.
Reinstall the app
If you are facing login issues with the MyQ app on your Apple Watch, you can always start fresh. Uninstall the MyQ app from your Apple Watch.
To do this, you need to remove the device from MyQ’s list of devices.
- Log into your MyQ account.
- Tap on your initials on the upper left corner.
- Click on Device Management
- Tap on the hub
- Find the device you want to delete and swipe left.
- Click on Delete and then, click on Yes to confirm.
To remove the app directly from your Apple Watch,
- Press the Digital Crown icon on your Apple Watch
- All the apps on your Home Screen will be displayed.
- In grid view, you can press and hold an all lightly until the app begins to jiggle.
- Now, press the x icon at the corner of the app to uninstall it.
Now, try connecting your MyQ app with the Apple Watch and go through the setup process again. You should be able to login to your account on your Apple Watch successfully now.
Contact the developers
If you have tried every troubleshooting fix and nothing works, it’s probably time to have a serious chat with the professionals. In the App Store , you can find contact information for the app developers.
Here’s how you can sell out professional help to get your MyQ app working again on your Apple Watch.
- Open the App Store on the iPhone that is connected to your Apple Watch.
- Search for the app name and click on it.
- The app’s product page will be displayed.
- Scroll down to the Reviews and Ratings section.
- Click on App Support.
- If you don’t see the App Support option, make sure you are signed in correctly with your Apple ID
MyQ app allows you to be in control of your home and family’s security no matter where you are. Hope this article helps you with troubleshooting and fixing any issues you might face with MyQ on your Apple Watch.